It is our policy to operate a safe gun store that follows all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Below is a list of our policies that are designed to make sure that our goal of operating a safe, thriving, law-abiding business is achieved.
Except for lawfully carried (open or concealed) guns, no loaded firearms are allowed in the shop. Lawfully carried loaded weapons are to remain in a holster at all times unless needed for a self-defense situation.
- If a firearm that is brought in for repair has live ammunition in it (aka jammed, etc), please allow us to retrieve the gun from you at your vehicle. All other guns that are brought in for repair or sale will be safety checked at the entrance to the shop.
- We welcome well-mannnered children into our shop. For their safety and ours, we do ask that parents keep their children within arms reach while on the premises.
- We will follow all local, state, and federal laws when it comes to firearms sales, repairs, transfers, etc. We require all appropriate paperwork to be properly completed and we will perform a background check when required by law. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!
- We reserve the right to terminate or delay any sale or transfer if we have reason to believe it is a straw purchase or that the buyer/transferee is not lawfully able to possess a firearm.
- In the case of a denied transfer (either at our discretion or a background check denial), the transferee is still liable for the transfer fees. If this happens, we will work with you to send the gun back or we will help you sell it out-of-state. We are not responsible for any losses as a result of a denied sale or transfer.
- We accept cash, check, or credit cards for most items. Credit card sales will incur a convenience fee of an additional 3% (minimum $3) above the quoted price. Some services are cash only (see pricelist). No credit card fees for taxidermy work or gunsmith labor over $50 (parts subject to fee).
- Firearms not picked up within 30 Days of notification of receipt (incoming transfers) or completion (gunsmithing) will incur storage fees. Handguns will be stored for $1 per day after 30 days. Long gun storage is $2 per day after 30 days.
- Firearms not picked up within 90 Days of notification of receipt (incoming transfers) or completion (gunsmithing) will be sold. We will subtract the balance for services/parts rendered and storage fees. The remainder (if any) will be delivered to the person responsible for the bill.